Botanical Babe Houseplants
Monstera adansonii, also known as the Swiss cheese vine, is a popular houseplant that is native to Central and South America. Here is some care information for Monstera adansonii:
1. Light: Monstera adansonii prefers bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can burn the leaves.
2. Water: Water your Monstera adansonii when the top inch of soil feels dry. Don't let the soil dry out completely, but also be careful not to overwater as it can lead to root rot.
3. Humidity: Monstera adansonii prefers high humidity levels. You can increase humidity by placing a humidifier nearby, misting the leaves regularly, or placing a tray of water near the plant.
4. Temperature: Monstera adansonii prefers temperatures between 65-85°F (18-29°C). Keep it away from cold drafts or hot, dry air from heaters.
5. Soil: Use well-draining soil that retains some moisture but doesn't become waterlogged. A mixture of peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite works well.
6. Fertilizer: Feed your Monstera adansonii with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season (spring and summer).
7. Pruning: Prune your Monstera adansonii to encourage bushier growth and to control its size. You can also propagate the plant from cuttings.
With proper care, Monstera adansonii can be a stunning addition to your indoor plant collection.
This guy unfortunately didn't travel too well but some plants just don't and overall is a really healthy plant that now it's out of quarantine and is in it's 'happy spot' is doing amazingly well. It's got tones of new leaves and I've just had to repot it. Overall very happy with the purchase and have just ordered more.
Love the fullness of the monkey mask plant and it's so unique! Minimal leaf damage considering the shipping distance to me!
this is the coolest plant, the leaves are gorgeous. I love it to bits! Thank you botanical babe!!!!